Movie Metareview: Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

image

First, I’d like to clarify that the reason I’m posting a movie metareview is to WARN you of seeing this movie. No, I haven’t seen it myself, and I usually don’t look to much into movie opinions, it seems that the Street Fighter movie isn’t worth seeing. “It was one of the greatest unintentional comedies of our generation." – Joystiq.

  • AMCtv.com: "I much prefer the flamboyant badness of the '94 flick to the attractive, even-keeled mediocrity of this one. Jean-Claude Van Damme's stock just rose considerably."
  • WJFK-FM (CBS Radio) (-5/5): "As a fan of the video game series, I can honestly say that this is hands down one of the worst films I have ever seen. Chris Klein is so bad that he made the movie a comedy."
  • IGN Movies (1.5/5): "It may not be as gaudy or goofy as its predecessor, but it's far more boring and banal. It's a videogame adaptation that loses sight of what made the game popular to begin with: it was fun."

0 comments: